We’ve previously written about Salesforce Adoption including some of our ideas on how to improve situations where uptake is less than ideal.
The response so far has been phenomenal. We’ve been talking to customers and prospects about how they’re handling Salesforce adoption and it’s clear that this is a huge pain point for many, many companies. If you’re having adoption problems, you are not alone.
In fact it is such a dominant issue that we’re planning on making Salesforce Adoption our primary discussion point at Dreamforce (booth #248). Come see us and tell us about your struggles and successes.
As we have been searching for how to solve this problem, we’ve been wondering how many companies are struggling with this problem. While we couldn’t find any statistics, the size of the problem is evident in the number of posts about how to fix the problem.
Here is a handful written by Salesforce itself:
- 10 Easy ways to Boost Salesforce Adoption. One idea includes creating competitions to help increase data integrity.
- Want to Boost CRM Adoption? Eliminate These 4 Obstacles. It is important to consider how your company will actually utilize the system before implementing it.
- 5 Quick Ways to Improve Adoption. The #1 solution? Use incentives!
- SUCCESS INSIGHTS: Using Incentives and Rewards to Boost Adoption. These methods have shown proven success in helping to motivate and engage users.
- Going Beyond Login Rates. Choosing clear and measurable metrics can make it easier to understand which users are having trouble adopting.
- 8 Tips to Increase Salesforce User Adoption. Always remember: it is okay to review, refine, and repeat your adoption strategy until you find one that actually works.
- Achieving Adoption Through Training and Support. Change is hard, but it can be made easier through adequate training and support within your company.
With additional ideas from many other sources:
- 7 Secrets to drive Salesforce Adoption. Make sure to have a plan in place to constantly improve and make the adoption process as smooth as possible.
- 5 Ways to Boost Salesforce User Adoption. Integrating Salesforce into your email can make it easier for users, since that is where they are already communicating with prospects and customers.
- 5 Tips On How To Drive Fanatical User Adoption. Driving user adoption starts with training and ensuring that the Salesforce system is set up in a way that makes sense for your needs.
- 10 Best Practices That Ensure Salesforce User Adoption. Customizing Salesforce to only give users access to only necessary information, while minimizing clicks streamlines everyday processes making adoption more likely.
- 8 Best Practice Tips to Increase Salesforce User Adoption. Creating powerful advantages to using the system as well as disadvantages to not using the system can help improve adoption rates quickly.
- Is Your Sales Team Slow to Adopt Salesforce?. Communication is essential in adopting Salesforce, make it a priority to get team input on their issues.
- Increasing Salesforce Adoption – What’s the Winning Strategy?. There are many solutions to increase the use of Salesforce, but none of those solutions are actually helpful unless end users are utilizing the platform to begin with.
- Top Salesforce Adoption Issues. It is important to remember that Salesforce is constantly evolving, making sure that you are adjusting it to your needs is essential.
And it’s not just about Salesforce, it is clear that this is a problem for CRMs generally:
- What Salesforce won’t tell you about your adoption rates. The issue often isn’t in the system, but rather how it has been setup within your company.
- The Adoption Rate Challenge. Facing this challenge often begins with training, which is key for successful adoption.
- Reasons for and Against using a CRM system. Using a quality CRM system has many benefits, but also a plethora of challenges that need to be considered.
- Don’t let Bad Data Ruin Your CRM. By working with your company to ensure data quality, you can work at getting the most out of Salesforce.
At the end of the day, Salesforce Adoption issues aren’t caused by Salesforce, but in the way your team is using it.
Want more ideas and advice on how to increase Salesforce.com adoption?
Download our free eBook on unleashing the power of Salesforce through better Salesforce adoption